Patriots' Julian Edelman (knee) making progress
New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman (knee) is "getting better," according to quarterback Cam Newton.
Edelman is eligible to return from injured reserve for Sunday's Week 11 matchup against the Houston Texans but he's not expected to be activated. He drew at least 6 targets in each of his first five games before the injury became too much to bear. Jakobi Meyers has emerged as Newton's go-to target in recent weeks.
Meyers is averaging 86.5 yards, 6.8 receptions, and 9.3 targets in the last four games. He's the WR34 in numberFire's Week 11 fantasy rankings and has a salary of $6,000 on FanDuel's main slate.
- Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs move on to Super Bowl for second straight season January 25th, 2021
- Tom Brady leads Buccaneers past Packers, advances to 10th Super Bowl January 25th, 2021
- Chiefs' Le'Veon Bell (knee) officially inactive for Sunday's AFC Championship game January 24th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) active for AFC Championship showdown with Buffalo January 24th, 2021
- Kansas City's Sammy Watkins (calf) ruled out for Sunday's AFC Championship game against Bills January 24th, 2021
- Packers' Aaron Jones (chest) questionable to return to NFC Championship game January 24th, 2021
- New England's Damien Harris (ankle) remains sidelined in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Patriots' Damien Harris (ankle) limited in practice Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Belichick "would imagine" Cam Newton starts against Jets in Week 17 December 29th, 2020
- Sony Michel provides couple of 20-yard runs for Patriots December 29th, 2020
- Jakobi Meyers catches 4 passes for New England December 29th, 2020
- Cam Newton benched, Patriots lose big to Bills December 29th, 2020