Dolphins could promote Antonio Callaway this week
The Miami Dolphins could promote wide receiver Antonio Callaway from the practice squad this week, writes ESPN.com's Cameron Wolfe.
The Dolphins may look to add some depth after placing Preston Williams (foot) on injured reserve. Callaway was activated off the suspension list after serving a 14-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy multiple times. He caught 8 passes on 15 targets for 89 scoreless yards in four games with the Cleveland Browns last season after recording 43 receptions (79 targets) for 586 yards and 5 touchdowns as a rookie. The Dolphins' current receivers behind DeVante Parker consist of Jakeem Grant, Mack Hollins, Lynn Bowden, and Malcolm Perry, so Callaway could wind up with a relevant role in the offense.
Among the 83 receivers with at least 90 targets between 2018 and 2019, Callaway owns the ninth-worst catch percentage (54.3) and ranks 66th in yards per target (7.2). He does check in at 37th in yards per catch (13.2) among that group in that span.
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Schefter: Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Texans January 28th, 2021
- Dolphins' Jakeem Grant (hamstring) out for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- DeVante Parker (hamstring) active for Dolphins in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Miami's Jakeem Grant (hamstring) questionable in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Dolphins designate DeVante Parker (hamstring) as questionable for Week 17's game against Bills January 1st, 2021
- Dolphins place Ryan Fitzpatrick on COVID-19 reserve list, ruled out for Week 17's game against Bills December 31st, 2020