Steelers place Ben Roethlisberger, others on reserve/COVID-19 list
The Pittsburgh Steelers placed quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on the reserve/COVID-19 list Tuesday morning.
Roethlisberger is joined by tight end Vance McDonald, running back Jaylen Samuels, offensive lineman Jerald Hawkins, and linebacker Vince Williams on the COVID-19 list. The players will need to pass COVID-19 tests throughout the week before they are potentially eligible to play Week 10 against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday. Mason Rudolph would get the start if Roethlisberger is unavailable and that would be a major downgrade for the entire offense. Roethlisberger completed 29-of-42 passes for 306 yards and 3 touchdowns in the Steelers' Week 9 win over the Dallas Cowboys. It was his third three-score game of the year with no interceptions.
Roethlisberger is currently the QB12 in numberFire's Week 10 fantasy rankings and he has a salary of $7,400 on the main slate. The Bengals are allowing 20.1 FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position and have the No. 24 pass defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings for the season.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Steelers activate Eric Ebron from COVID-19 list for Wild Card game January 8th, 2021
- Steelers suggest Josh Dobbs could be involved Sunday January 5th, 2021
- Steelers place Eric Ebron on reserve/COVID-19 list January 2nd, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (rest) officially ruled out for Week 17's game against Browns January 1st, 2021
- Mason Rudolph starting for Steelers in finale versus Browns December 29th, 2020
- Eric Ebron produces 47 yards and 1 score in Colts' Week 16 win over Pittsburgh December 28th, 2020