Washington's Kyle Allen reportedly requiring season-ending ankle surgery
Washington Football Team quarterback Kyle Allen will likely require season-ending ankle surgery, reports Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.
The Football Team is awaiting more information before making a final decision, but Fowler says it is "trending" toward Allen missing the rest of the season after suffering a dislocated left ankle Sunday. Alex Smith will take over as the starter with Dwayne Haskins presumably backing him up. Smith completed 24-of-32 passes for 325 yards, 1 touchdown, and 3 interceptions in Washington's 23-20, Week 9 loss to the New York Giants. He is as conservative as they come at this point in his career and may serve as a downgrade for Washington's receivers, but Smith taking over could be an upgrade for J.D. McKissic, who racked up a team-high 14 targets. No other Washington player was targeted more than six times. The Football Team will play the Detroit Lions in Week 10.
Allen recorded negative -0.06 Passing Net Expected Points per dropback, compared to Smith's 0.09. The latter had the lowest average depth of target (3.5 yards) among any quarterback with multiple dropbacks in Week 9. Allen owns an average depth of target of 6.4 yards for the season.
- Ronald Jones (ankle) remains out for Buccaneers January 19th, 2022
- Derrick Henry (foot) participates in Titans' Wednesday practice January 19th, 2022
- Packers' Marquez Valdes-Scantling (back) DNP on Wednesday January 19th, 2022
- Leonard Fournette (hamstring) active at Buccaneers walkthrough January 19th, 2022
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) practicing on Wednesday January 19th, 2022
- Elijah Mitchell (knee) limited at 49ers practice January 19th, 2022
- Football Team's Curtis Samuel (hamstring) out for Week 18 January 9th, 2022
- Antonio Gibson (hip) removed from Football Team Week 18 injury report January 7th, 2022
- Washington's Ricky Seals-Jones (concussion) out Week 18 January 7th, 2022
- Antonio Gibson (hip) limited at Washington practice January 6th, 2022
- Ricky Seals-Jones (concussion) inactive Wednesday for Washington January 5th, 2022
- Antonio Gibson (COVID) activated for Football Team January 5th, 2022