Browns place Baker Mayfield on reserve/COVID-19 list
The Cleveland Browns placed quarterback Baker Mayfield on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
In their official statement, the Browns stated that a staff member tested positive for the COVID-19 virus and that after contact tracing, the team determined which other staff members and players would have to quarantine. The Browns are on bye this week so they should hopefully be able to limit the possible spread of the virus.
It's unclear whether or not Mayfield has actually contracted the virus or has been told to quarantine, but we'll find out more as the week progresses and as the team reconvenes Monday. If Mayfield is unable to go for Week 10, Case Keenum would be the expected starter.
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Ravens' Marquise Brown (ankle) questionable for Week 2 clash with Chiefs September 17th, 2021
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Anthony Schwartz (knee) limited again for Browns Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Odell Beckham (knee) ruled out again for Browns in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Nick Chubb scores twice in Browns' Week 1 loss September 12th, 2021
- Browns rule out Odell Beckham Jr. (knee) for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Odell Beckham Jr. (knee) a game-time decision for Browns Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Browns' Odell Beckham (knee) questionable for season opener against Chiefs September 10th, 2021