Cowboys reportedly "preparing to be without Ezekiel Elliott" (hamstring) for Week 9
Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott is trending in the wrong direction for Sunday's Week 9 game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Elliott is officially listed as questionable as he deals with a hamstring injury, but according to Michael Gehlken of The Dallas Morning News, the team is apparently preparing to play without its star running back. Assuming that's the case, Tony Pollard would be vaulted into the lead running back role - but it'd be in an extremely tough matchup against the vaunted Pittsburgh Steelers defense.
The Steelers have been elite at stopping opposing ground games, ranking 2nd in the NFL in adjusted net expected points allowed per pass play.
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) DNP on Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Packers' AJ Dillon (quadricep) limited in practice Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) listed as limited on Kansas City's Wednesday practice report January 20th, 2021
- Kansas City's Sammy Watkins (calf) limited participant in Wednesday's practice January 20th, 2021
- Bills' Gabriel Davis (ankle) not practicing Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Rapoport: Patrick Mahomes (concussion) having 'very light' practice with Chiefs Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (calf) looks fresh in Week 16 return against Eagles December 28th, 2020
- CeeDee Lamb scores via air, ground for Dallas December 28th, 2020
- Michael Gallup gains 121 yards, scores twice in Cowboys victory December 28th, 2020
- Cowboys' Andy Dalton explodes for 377 yards and 3 touchdowns in Week 16's divisional win over Eagles December 28th, 2020
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (calf) active for Week 16 clash with Eagles December 27th, 2020
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (calf) expected to play in Week 16 December 26th, 2020