Devonta Freeman (ankle) ruled out for Giants again Week 9
New York Giants running back Devonta Freeman (ankle) is out for Week 9 against the Washington Football Team on Sunday.
Freeman returned to practice on Thursday as a limited participant for the first time since injuring his ankle in Week 7. Wayne Gallman gained 60 yards and scored a touchdown as the Giants' lead back Monday night in place of Freeman. Alfred Morris also emerged with 8 carries on 21 snaps and Dion Lewis drew 3 targets. The Giants will likely implement a similar committee on Sunday.
Gallman scored 12.7 FanDuel points on Monday and is averaging 13.3 over the past two weeks as the Giants' lead back. He is first on the Giants and 19th out of 60 running backs with at least 35 carries this season in yards gained after contact per rush attempt (3.1). The Football Team's rush defense is 6th in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Chiefs' Le'Veon Bell (knee) officially inactive for Sunday's AFC Championship game January 24th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) active for AFC Championship showdown with Buffalo January 24th, 2021
- Kansas City's Sammy Watkins (calf) ruled out for Sunday's AFC Championship game against Bills January 24th, 2021
- Packers' Aaron Jones (chest) questionable to return to NFC Championship game January 24th, 2021
- Bucs' Antoine Winfield Jr. (ankle) out for Sunday January 24th, 2021
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes dealing with turf toe January 24th, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) inactive as expected for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Giants list Golden Tate (calf) as doubtful in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) practicing on side Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Sterling Shepard scores for Giants in season-best showing December 28th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) active for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) to start in Week 16 December 26th, 2020