Devonta Freeman (ankle) returns to Giants practice
New York Giants running back Devonta Freeman (ankle) returned to practice Thursday.
Freeman was a limited participant in his first practice since Week 7. Wayne Gallman gained 60 yards and scored a touchdown as the Giants' lead back Monday night in place of Freeman, but he only out-carried Alfred Morris 12-8 and out-snapped him 32-21. Dion Lewis also played 21 snaps and drew 3 targets. The Giants would likely implement a similar committee in Week 9 versus the Washington Football Team if Freeman isn't cleared.
Freeman was averaging 18.3 opportunities per game as the Giants' lead back prior to injury. He ranks 33rd out of 38 backs with at least 50 carries this season in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry. The Football Team has the sixth-best rush defense, per numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) questionable for Sunday's clash with Tampa Bay January 15th, 2021
- Saints list Latavius Murray (quad) as questionable for Sunday's Divisional playoff contest against Buccaneers January 15th, 2021
- Mike Evans (knee) hoping to be closer to 100 percent for Buccaneers in Divisional Round January 15th, 2021
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) listed as questionable on Kansas City's Divisional playoff injury report January 15th, 2021
- Browns activate LG Joel Bitonio from reserve/COVID-19 list January 15th, 2021
- Kansas City's Sammy Watkins (calf) ruled out for Sunday's Divisional playoff matchup against Browns January 15th, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) inactive as expected for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Giants list Golden Tate (calf) as doubtful in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) practicing on side Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Sterling Shepard scores for Giants in season-best showing December 28th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) active for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) to start in Week 16 December 26th, 2020