Giants' Devonta Freeman (ankle) doesn't practice Wednesday
New York Giants running back Devonta Freeman did not practice Wednesday ahead of the team's Week 9 game against the Washington Football Team.
Freeman hasn't practiced since injuring his ankle on Thursday Night Football against the Philadelphia in Week 7. Failing to have any participation to start the week is disconcerting, though as a veteran, he may only need a minor appearance on Thursday or Friday to get the go-ahead from the trainers. Keep a close eye on the team's injury reports over the next 72 hours. If Freeman is held out again, Wayne Gallman, Alfred Morris and Dion Lewis would be in line for an increased workload.
Washington has been average against opposing ground attacks thus far, ranking 15th in the NFL in adjusted net expected points allowed per run play.
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) undergoing MRI on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) inactive for Divisional Round clash with Tampa Bay January 17th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (quad, finger) active for Sunday's showdown with Saints January 17th, 2021
- Update: Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes (concussion) will not return against Browns January 17th, 2021
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (head/neck) headed to the locker room, Chad Henne now under center January 17th, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) inactive as expected for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Giants list Golden Tate (calf) as doubtful in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) practicing on side Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Sterling Shepard scores for Giants in season-best showing December 28th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) active for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) to start in Week 16 December 26th, 2020