Jordan Akins (ankle, concussion) back at Texans practice
Houston Texans tight end Jordan Akins (ankle, concussion) returned to practice on Monday.
Akins is expected to return for Week 9 against the Jacksonville Jaguars after a month on the shelf. Darren Fells will likely see a reduced role with Akins available again. Akins out-snapped and out-targeted Fells from Weeks 1-4 before going down. He snagged 14 catches on 15 targets in that span but only drew more than 3 targets in one game. The Jaguars have allowed the second-most touchdowns to tight ends this season, so Akins may be able to find the end zone for the first time since Week 1.
Akins is averaging 7.5 FanDuel points per game this season. He was fourth on the team in targets through four weeks. The Jaguars are allowing the third-most FanDuel points per game (14.5) to the tight end position.
- Antoine Winfield Jr. (ankle) listed as questionable on Tampa Bay's NFC Championship injury report January 23rd, 2021
- Ronald Jones (groin) not listed on Tampa Bay's NFC Championship injury report January 22nd, 2021
- Sammy Watkins (calf) questionable for Chiefs in Sunday's AFC Championship Game January 22nd, 2021
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle, hip) listed as questionable on Kansas City's AFC Championship injury report January 22nd, 2021
- Kansas City's Le'Veon Bell (knee) DNP on Friday, questionable for Sunday's AFC Championship January 22nd, 2021
- Cole Beasley (knee) not listed on Buffalo's AFC Championship injury report January 22nd, 2021
- Kenny Stills reportedly visiting Bills December 30th, 2020
- Deshaun Watson (hand) says he will play in Texans' finale December 28th, 2020
- Brandin Cooks comes away with 141 yards, touchdown for Texans December 28th, 2020
- Texans' David Johnson scores twice in Week 16 loss to Cincinnati December 28th, 2020
- Houston's Deshaun Watson (hand) accounts for 324 yards and 3 scores in Week 16 December 28th, 2020
- Houston's Duke Johnson (neck) remains sidelined in Week 16 December 25th, 2020