Stephon Gilmore tweaked knee at Patriots practice
New England Patriots defensive back Stephon Gilmore "tweaked" his knee at Thursday's practice, per Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
The injury is reportedly considered minor but Gilmore's status for Week 8 against the Buffalo Bills on Sunday is uncertain. Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs would benefit if Gilmore is unable to suit up.
Gilmore is the No. 60 cover corner on Pro Football Focus out of 126 corners with at least 100 defensive snaps this season. The Patriots have the No. 6 pass defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Packers' Jace Sternberger suspended first two games of 2021 June 10th, 2021
- Kyle Rudolph (foot) expected to be ready for Giants' training camp June 10th, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray looking to run less this season June 10th, 2021
- McCarthy: Cowboys' Michael Gallup has been 'moved around some and in the slot' this offseason June 10th, 2021
- Ravens sign Gus Edwards to 2-year extension June 7th, 2021
- DeVante Parker "moving around" in the Dolphins' formation June 7th, 2021
- Patriots adding Hunter Henry to offseason haul March 16th, 2021
- Patriots sign former 49er Kendrick Bourne March 15th, 2021
- Pats continue signing spree, adding wide receiver Nelson Agholor March 15th, 2021
- Cam Newton re-signs with Patriots for one year, $14 million March 12th, 2021
- New England's Damien Harris (ankle) remains sidelined in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Patriots' Damien Harris (ankle) limited in practice Wednesday December 30th, 2020