Julian Edelman (knee) reportedly out for Patriots 'some period of time'
New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman had a knee procedure and will miss at least Sunday's Week 8 game against the Buffalo Bills, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Edelman will be out "for some period of time" after undergoing a precautionary standard knee procedure Wednesday morning. The 34-year-old veteran has battled knee issues dating back to 2015. He's been limited to just 8 catches for 79 yards over the last four games. Jakobi Meyers was the Patriots' leading receiver in Week 7 with 4 catches on 6 targets for 60 yards. N'Keal Harry (concussion) may also miss Week 8. Edelman leads the Patriots with a 22.5 percent target share.
numberFire's models expect Meyers to draw 5.2 targets and score 6.9 FanDuel points in Week 8. The Bills have the No. 22 pass defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Vikings' Adam Thielen (COVID-19) receives positive and negative test results November 24th, 2020
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (shoulder) expected to practice on Wednesday November 24th, 2020
- Ravens remain committed to Marquise Brown's involvement November 24th, 2020
- Baltimore still plans on running ball versus Steelers November 24th, 2020
- Washington's Alex Smith providing "invaluable" support to the offense's play calls November 24th, 2020
- Texans' Laremy Tunsil (flu) returns to practice November 24th, 2020
- James White logs 11 touches in New England loss November 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Damien Harris rushes for 43 yards, touchdown November 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Damiere Byrd totals 132 yards and a score in Week 11 loss to Texans November 22nd, 2020
- Pats' Rex Burkhead (knee) down on field November 22nd, 2020
- Patriots' N'Keal Harry (shoulder) active for Week 11 against Houston November 22nd, 2020
- Pats' Sony Michel inactive for Week 11 November 22nd, 2020