Gardner Minshew reportedly has thumb fracture, uncertain after Jaguars’ bye
Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Gardner Minshew has multiple fractures and a strained ligament in his right thumb, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Minshew has apparently been playing hurt since Week 5 but the Jaguars didn't find out until this week. He is now uncertain for Week 9 against the Houston Texans when the Jaguars come out of their bye. Mike Glennon is currently Minshew's backup but the Jaguars may opt to take a look at sixth-round rookie Jake Luton.
Minshew is averaging 19.4 FanDuel points per game (QB14). He's attempting the seventh-most passes per game (38.1) and is top-10 in passing yards (1,855) and touchdowns (13). In terms of efficiency, Minshew ranks 25th out of 32 quarterbacks with at least 100 dropbacks in Passing Net Expected Points per dropback this season.
- Vikings' Adam Thielen (COVID-19) receives positive and negative test results November 24th, 2020
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (shoulder) expected to practice on Wednesday November 24th, 2020
- Ravens remain committed to Marquise Brown's involvement November 24th, 2020
- Baltimore still plans on running ball versus Steelers November 24th, 2020
- Washington's Alex Smith providing "invaluable" support to the offense's play calls November 24th, 2020
- Texans' Laremy Tunsil (flu) returns to practice November 24th, 2020
- Jaguars' Chase McLaughlin placed on reserve/COVID-19 list November 24th, 2020
- Denzel Ward out for Browns multiple weeks with calf strain November 24th, 2020
- Jaguars' Laviska Shenault (hamstring) ruled out again Week 11 November 20th, 2020
- Jacksonville's Brandon Linder (back) expected to play in Week 11 November 19th, 2020
- Jaguars' Laviska Shenault (hamstring) remains sidelined on Thursday November 19th, 2020
- Jaguars' Laviska Shenault (hamstring) still not practicing Wednesday November 18th, 2020