Seahawks say Carlos Hyde hamstring strain 'nothing major'
Seattle Seahawks running back Carlos Hyde's hamstring tightness is "nothing major," according to head coach Pete Carroll.
Hyde finished with 15 carries for 68 yards and a touchdown in Week 7 after Chris Carson exited with a foot sprain. He also drew 4 targets. Expect a similar workload versus the San Francisco 49ers in Week 8 if Hyde is cleared and Carson can't go. Travis Homer (knee) is also banged up, leaving fourth-round rookie DeeJay Dallas as the only healthy back on the Seahawks' roster. Hyde did not practice on Wednesday, so keep an eye on his status heading into the weekend.
Hyde has a salary of $5,000 on the Week 8 main slate. He put up 15.1 FanDuel points last Sunday. The 49ers have the No. 5 rush defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings. Hyde is adding the most Rushing Net Expected Points per carry in the Seahawks backfield.
- Rapoport: Baltimore's Lamar Jackson tests positive for COVID-19 November 27th, 2020
- Wiederer: Bears' Mitchell Trubisky expected to start in Week 12's matchup against Packers November 26th, 2020
- Tennessee's Adam Humphries (concussion) downgraded to limited on Thursday November 26th, 2020
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (hamstring) remains limited on Thursday November 26th, 2020
- Houston's Will Fuller explodes for 171 yards and 2 touchdowns in Week 12 November 26th, 2020
- San Francisco's Jordan Reed (illness) absent on Thursday November 26th, 2020
- Seahawks' Chris Carson (foot) limited participant on Thursday November 26th, 2020
- Seahawks "hoping" Rashaad Penny (knee) can resume practice next week November 24th, 2020
- Seahawks' Chris Carson (foot) a full participant at Tuesday's practice November 24th, 2020
- Seahawks' Greg Olsen potentially out for season with foot injury November 20th, 2020
- Seahawks say Chris Carson (foot) will return Week 12 November 20th, 2020
- Seattle's Travis Homer (wrist, knee, thumb) out on Thursday November 19th, 2020