Leonard Fournette labeled as Buccaneers' nickel back
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Leonard Fournette is the team's "nickel" running back, head coach Bruce Arians said.
Fournette has taken over for LeSean McCoy (ankle) as the Buccaneers' passing-down and hurry-up back. He actually out-snapped Ronald Jones 40-31 and led the backfield with 17 touches in last week's dominant win over the Las Vegas Raiders. Fournette finished with his second-highest rushing total (50 yards) of the year and set a season-high as a receiver (47 yards). Expect another committee approach in Week 8 when the Buccaneers face the New York Giants on Monday night. Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Buccaneers are 10.5-point favorites in Week 8.
numberFire's models expect Fournette to handle 9.7 touches and score 6.3 FanDuel points against the Giants on Monday night. Jones is projected for 16.5 touches and 12.4 FanDuel points. Fournette has a salary of $5,900 and Jones has a salary of $6,300.
- Packers' Corey Linsley (knee) ruled out for Week 13's showdown with Eagles December 4th, 2020
- Lions planning to waive Marvin Hall December 4th, 2020
- Chargers' Kalen Ballage (ankle) questionable for Week 13's clash with Patriots December 4th, 2020
- Eagles' Zach Ertz (ankle) available for Week 13's game against Packers December 4th, 2020
- Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald (COVID-19) uncertain for Week 13's game against Rams December 4th, 2020
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (ankle) DNP on Friday, questionable for Week 13's matchup against Detroit December 4th, 2020
- Buccaneers want Ronald Jones more involved November 30th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Rob Gronkowski accumulates 6 receptions for 106 yards in Week 12 November 30th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ronald Jones catches long touchdown in loss to Chiefs November 30th, 2020
- Buccaneers' Jamel Dean (concussion) ruled out for Week 12 showdown with Chiefs November 27th, 2020
- Rob Gronkowski records 25 yards in Buccaneers loss November 24th, 2020
- Chris Godwin finds end zone in Buccaneers' loss to Rams November 24th, 2020