Michael Thomas (hamstring) sitting out Saints practice
New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas (hamstring) is not practicing on Wednesday.
Thomas hasn't played since Week 1 due to an ankle sprain, a suspension, and now a hamstring strain. Adam Schefter of ESPN reported earlier this week that Thomas could sit out again Week 8 versus the Chicago Bears on Sunday. Emmanuel Sanders is on the COVID-19 list and Marquez Callaway is day-to-day with a minor ankle sprain, so Tre'Quan Smith could be the Saints' de facto No. 1 receiver versus a stout Bears' pass defense that has allowed a league-low 2 touchdowns to receivers this season.
Smith hasn't seen more than 4 targets in a game since Week 3 but he leads the team in yards per target (10.3) and has the second-highest average depth of target (9.4 yards) among Saints receivers. The Bears have the third-best pass defense in the league, per numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Vikings' Adam Thielen (COVID-19) receives positive and negative test results November 24th, 2020
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (shoulder) expected to practice on Wednesday November 24th, 2020
- Ravens remain committed to Marquise Brown's involvement November 24th, 2020
- Baltimore still plans on running ball versus Steelers November 24th, 2020
- Washington's Alex Smith providing "invaluable" support to the offense's play calls November 24th, 2020
- Texans' Laremy Tunsil (flu) returns to practice November 24th, 2020
- Saints' Michael Thomas hauls in 9 catches for 104 yards in win over Atlanta November 23rd, 2020
- Saints' Taysom Hill accounts for 284 total yards and 2 scores in Week 11's win over Falcons November 22nd, 2020
- Russini: Saints' Marshon Lattimore (abdomen) will not play against Atlanta in Week 11 November 22nd, 2020
- New Orleans' Alvin Kamara (foot) available for Week 11 after Friday's full practice November 20th, 2020
- Saints' Marshon Lattimore (abdomen) questionable for Week 11's showdown with Falcons November 20th, 2020
- Saints place Drew Brees (ribs) on injured reserve November 20th, 2020