Colts' Jonathan Taylor benefiting from increased understanding of pre-snap reads heading into Week 8 clash with Lions
Indianapolis Colts running back Jonathan Taylor talked to reporters about how the game has started to slow down for him as the Colts move out of their bye week and into a showdown with the Detroit Lions in Week 8.
Taylor was asked if the game was starting to slow down for him and he responded by saying "It's definitely starting to slow down and one of the biggest things is, when you think about the speed of the game, it's really all on you, it's how quickly are you gonna be able to process the movement of the defense, your progressions, your read, and then you gotta make a decision. I think understanding some pre-snap things to kind of help quicken that process has definitely helped. The pre-snap is a big role in this league." Through six games of his NFL career, Taylor has turned 89 carries into 367 yards (4.1 per attempt) and 3 touchdowns, running behind a Colts' line ranked 8th best in run blocking by Pro Football Focus. The rookie has been very involved in the passing game, catching all 16 of his targets for 162 yards and his 10.1 y/rec is fifth-best in the league among running backs (min 10 targets). In Week 8, Taylor will face a Lions defense ranked 28th against running backs in numberFire's advanced stats. Our models expect him to see 19.1 carries and 2.3 receptions.
The Colts are 2.5-point favorites over the Lions in Week 8. Their implied team total of 26.25 points is the sixth-highest team total on Sunday's main slate, according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map. Taylor's Week 8 projection includes 105.8 total yards, 0.96 touchdowns, and 17.3 FanDuel points. His salary is $7,300, and he is the RB4 in our weekly rankings.
- Alvin Kamara (foot) limited in Saints' Thursday practice December 3rd, 2020
- Nelson Agholor (ankle) DNP in Raiders' Thursday practice December 3rd, 2020
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) remains out on Thursday December 3rd, 2020
- Chicago's Nick Foles (hip) fully practices on Thursday December 3rd, 2020
- Lions' Danny Amendola (hip) upgraded to full on Thursday December 3rd, 2020
- Falcons' Hayden Hurst (ankle) held out on Thursday December 3rd, 2020
- Philip Rivers (toe) limited in Colts' Thursday practice December 3rd, 2020
- Colts' Parris Campbell (knee) likely done for season December 2nd, 2020
- Jonathan Taylor (COVID-19) activated for Colts December 2nd, 2020
- T.Y. Hilton leads Colts with 81 yards, scores first touchdown November 30th, 2020
- Colts' Nyheim Hines sees 18 touches in loss to Titans November 30th, 2020
- Colts' Zach Pascal (knee, foot) active in Week 12 against Titans November 29th, 2020