Chargers' Keenan Allen praises Justin Herbert following Week 7's win over Jaguars
Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen praised rookie quarterback Justin Herbert following Week 7's win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Allen told the media that Herbert is a "young quarterback who can play in this league, and he's just going to get better, the more reps he gets and more things he can see in the actual game plan, can't do nothing but learn from them", and added that he and the rookie are "tight". Their connection on the field certainly reinforces Allen's feelings, since Herbert took over as the starter in Week 2, the duo has connected on 40 of 55 targets (72.7%) for 444 yards (11.1 yards per reception) and 2 touchdowns. In Week 8, Allen and the Chargers will face a Denver Broncos defense ranked 18th against wide receivers in numberFire's advanced stats.
The Chargers are 3.0-point favorites over the Broncos in Week 8. Their implied team total of 23.75 points is the eighth-lowest team total on Sunday's main slate. Our models project Allen for 13.8 FanDuel points. His salary is $7,400 and he is the WR13 in our weekly fantasy rankings.
- Texans activate David Johnson (concussion) from injured reserve December 5th, 2020
- Donovan Peoples-Jones slated to become the Browns' WR3 December 5th, 2020
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk (COVID-19) "feeling fresh" for Monday night December 5th, 2020
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (ACL) will return to practice next week December 5th, 2020
- Running back LeGarrette Blount officially retires December 5th, 2020
- Packers' Corey Linsley (knee) ruled out for Week 13's showdown with Eagles December 4th, 2020
- Chargers' Kalen Ballage (ankle) questionable for Week 13's clash with Patriots December 4th, 2020
- Bryan Bulaga (illness) fully participates in Chargers' Thursday practice December 3rd, 2020
- Chargers' Mike Willians (non-injury related) returns to practice on Thursday December 3rd, 2020
- Chargers' Kalen Ballage (ankle) limited in Wednesday's practice December 2nd, 2020
- Chargers' Hunter Henry records 7 receptions for 67 yards in Week 12's loss to Buffalo November 30th, 2020
- Chargers' Justin Herbert accumulates 316 yards and 1 touchdown in Week 12 November 30th, 2020