Chase Edmonds expected to be Cardinals' primary back
Arizona Cardinals running back Chase Edmonds is expected to be the team's primary ball carrier with Kenyan Drake (ankle) out, writes Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com.
The Cardinals are on bye this week but Drake is still expected to miss a game or two. Edmonds finished with 5 carries for 58 yards and caught 7 passes (7 targets) for 87 yards in Week 7 against the Seattle Seahawks after Drake was carted off with an ankle injury in the fourth quarter. Edmonds is averaging the fifth-most yards per carry (6.1) among any back with at least 20 rushes this season while Drake is averaging 4.3 yards behind the same offensive line. Rookie Eno Benjamin will likely be Edmond's backup.
Drake is averaging 18.4 touches per game and has the ninth-most touches (126) in the league through seven weeks. Edmonds ranks 15th in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry while Drake is 65th out of 71 backs with at least 20 carries this season.
- Texans activate David Johnson (concussion) from injured reserve December 5th, 2020
- Donovan Peoples-Jones slated to become the Browns' WR3 December 5th, 2020
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk (COVID-19) "feeling fresh" for Monday night December 5th, 2020
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (ACL) will return to practice next week December 5th, 2020
- Running back LeGarrette Blount officially retires December 5th, 2020
- Packers' Corey Linsley (knee) ruled out for Week 13's showdown with Eagles December 4th, 2020
- Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald (COVID-19) uncertain for Week 13's game against Rams December 4th, 2020
- Arizona's Kyler Murray (shoulder) upgraded to full on Thursday December 3rd, 2020
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray (shoulder) limited in Wednesday's practice December 2nd, 2020
- Cardinals' Kenyan Drake finds endzone twice in loss to Patriots November 30th, 2020
- Arizona's Kyler Murray struggles in Week 12's loss to New England November 30th, 2020
- Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins (illness) available for Week 12's game against New England November 27th, 2020