Browns' Baker Mayfield bounces back with 5 touchdowns in Week 7 win over Bengals
Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield completed 22 of 28 attempts for 297 yards, 5 touchdowns, and 1 interception in a 37-34 win over the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 7.
Mayfield had one of the most complete games of his career on Sunday, just one week removed from a performance that saw him benched for Case Keenum. It was an impressive bounce-back for Mayfield, who may have been playing for his job. Even after losing Odell Beckham Jr. to a knee injury early in the first quarter, Mayfield was effective, spreading the ball around and limiting his turnovers. He was especially good in the red zone, with four of his five touchdowns coming from inside the 20. His play of the game came on a 24-yard touchdown pass to Donovan Peoples-Jones to give the Browns the lead with 11 seconds left. Next up for Mayfield and the Browns is a clash with the Las Vegas Raiders.
Mayfield scored 30.78 FanDuel points in Week 7, 14.28 more than numberFire's projection (16.5). Our models project him for 18.0 FanDuel points against the Raiders in Week 8.
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk (COVID-19) "feeling fresh" for Monday night December 5th, 2020
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (ACL) will return to practice next week December 5th, 2020
- Running back LeGarrette Blount officially retires December 5th, 2020
- Packers' Corey Linsley (knee) ruled out for Week 13's showdown with Eagles December 4th, 2020
- Lions planning to waive Marvin Hall December 4th, 2020
- Chargers' Kalen Ballage (ankle) questionable for Week 13's clash with Patriots December 4th, 2020
- Donovan Peoples-Jones slated to become the Browns' WR3 December 5th, 2020
- Cleveland's WR KhaDarel Hodge (hamstring) ruled out for Week 13's contest against Titans December 4th, 2020
- Browns' Kareem Hunt (thigh) limited in Wednesday's practice December 2nd, 2020
- Browns' Ronnie Harrison (shoulder) placed on injured reserve December 1st, 2020
- Myles Garrett (COVID-19) activated for Browns December 1st, 2020
- Browns' Denzel Ward (calf) expected to remain out Week 13 November 30th, 2020