Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (ankle) could return Thursday
Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey (high ankle sprain) could return for the team's Week 8 Thursday game against the Atlanta Falcons, ESPN's David Newton reports.
Newton added that the team won't rush McCaffrey back and that the star would only play on Thursday if the team is confident he is 100% healthy, so McCaffrey may have to wait until the team's Week 9 tilt against the Kansas City Chiefs before he can return.
Mike Davis has been nothing short of excellent filling in for McCaffrey, but the expectation would be that McCaffrey would resume his every-down role when he is able to play again. For this week, our models project Davis to score 16.2 fantasy points against the New Orleans Saints.
- Vikings' Adam Thielen (COVID-19) receives positive and negative test results November 24th, 2020
- Ravens remain committed to Marquise Brown's involvement November 24th, 2020
- Baltimore still plans on running ball versus Steelers November 24th, 2020
- Washington's Alex Smith providing "invaluable" support to the offense's play calls November 24th, 2020
- Texans' Laremy Tunsil (flu) returns to practice November 24th, 2020
- T.J. Hockenson (toe) on track for Lions' Thanksgiving matchup November 24th, 2020
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (shoulder) expected to practice on Wednesday November 24th, 2020
- Panthers expect Teddy Bridgewater (knee) to practice Wednesday November 24th, 2020
- Panthers: Christian McCaffrey (shoulder) still week-to-week November 23rd, 2020
- Panthers' Curtis Samuel finds endzone once again in win over Detroit November 23rd, 2020
- Panthers' DJ Moore goes for 148 all-purpose yards in blowout win over Detroit November 23rd, 2020
- P.J. Walker making first career NFL start for Carolina in Week 11 November 22nd, 2020