Jags could bench Gardner Minshew as early as Week 7
The Jacksonville Jaguars could consider benching quarterback Gardner Minshew as early as Week 7, per the NFL's Ian Rapoport.
The Jags are sitting at 1-5 heading into Week 7, with their Week 1 victory over the Indianapolis Colts looking more and more like a fluke with each consecutive loss. Minshew himself hasn't been entirely to blame for their current record (he ranks near the middle of the pack in most quarterback statistics), but the team has failed to score more than 16 points in half of its contests this season. Still, we know what Mike Glennon (his presumed backup) can do, so benching Minshew isn't likely to spur an offensive turnaround.
Minshew will face an uphill battle this week against a Los Angeles Chargers defensive front boasting Joey Bosa and a healthy Melvin Ingram. Still, our models expect the sophomore quarterback to score 19.5 fantasy points at a $7,200 salary on FanDuel in Week 7.
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) inactive for Divisional Round clash with Tampa Bay January 17th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (quad, finger) active for Sunday's showdown with Saints January 17th, 2021
- Update: Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes (concussion) will not return against Browns January 17th, 2021
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (head/neck) headed to the locker room, Chad Henne now under center January 17th, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) active Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Jacksonville names Urban Meyer as head coach January 14th, 2021
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (shin) ruled out for Week 17's contest against Colts January 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville's D.J. Chark (shin) remains out on Thursday December 31st, 2020
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (shin) misses practice Wednesday, uncertain for season finale December 30th, 2020
- Mike Glennon will finish out Jaguars' season under center December 30th, 2020
- James Robinson (ankle) shut down for Jaguars' finale December 30th, 2020