Ryan Fitzpatrick replaced as Dolphins' starter
Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick will be replaced by Tua Tagovailoa as the starter after the Week 7 bye, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Fitzpatrick has led the Dolphins to a 3-3 record and his career-best 70.1 completion percentage is fifth-best in the league, but the team likely always planned for their No. 5 overall pick to take over after the bye week. Tagovailoa made his NFL debut in garbage time this past weekend against the New York Jets.
Fitzpatrick ranks 16th in Passing Net Expected Points per dropback among all quarterbacks with at least 100 dropbacks and the Dolphins' pass attack ranks 5th overall in numberFire's advanced metrics. Fitzpatrick targeted DeVante Parker a team-high 40 times (20.3 percent target share) over the first six weeks.
- Browns' Ronnie Harrison (shoulder) placed on injured reserve December 1st, 2020
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook "kind of beat up" heading into Week 13's game against Jacksonville December 1st, 2020
- Schefter: Ravens now reporting two new positive tests, game against Steelers still on for Wednesday December 1st, 2020
- Texans "hopeful" David Johnson (concussion) returns for Week 13's game against Colts December 1st, 2020
- Ravens report no new positive COVID-19 tests on Tuesday December 1st, 2020
- Cole Beasley praises Bills' play-calling December 1st, 2020
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa (thumb) has a chance to play against Bengals in Week 13 December 1st, 2020
- Tua Tagovailoa (thumb) uncertain for Dolphins Week 13 November 30th, 2020
- DeVante Parker paces Dolphins with 14 targets, 8 catches, 119 yards November 30th, 2020
- Dolphins' Jakeem Grant (hamstring) active for Week 12 November 29th, 2020
- Ryan Fitzpatrick to start for Dolphins in Week 12 November 29th, 2020
- Tua Tagovailoa (thumb) officially inactive for Dolphins in Week 12 November 29th, 2020