Rams' McVay to increase running back Cam Akers' touches in Week 6
Los Angeles Rams head coach Sean McVay intends to increase running back Cam Akers' workload in Week 6 because of the flashes he showed in Week 5.
"You see the athleticism, you see the dynamic run ability and I thought he created on his own a little bit,” McVay said in praise of Akers, who missed the team's past two games with a painful injury to his ribs. Akers led the team in rushing yards with 61, and broke off an impressive 46-yarder that showcased his top-notch balance.
The Rams backfield was (as advertised) a committee in Week 5, but it was a committee led by Darrell Henderson, who finished with 15 carries and 3 receptions for 68 total yards and 2 scores. Still, it was encouraging to see Akers tally more carries (9) than veteran Malcolm Brown (8) in his first game back from injury. Akers remains one of the more intriguing running back stashes in fantasy football.
- Eagles activate Jordan Howard off of practice squad December 5th, 2020
- Texans activate David Johnson (concussion) from injured reserve December 5th, 2020
- Donovan Peoples-Jones slated to become the Browns' WR3 December 5th, 2020
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk (COVID-19) "feeling fresh" for Monday night December 5th, 2020
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (ACL) will return to practice next week December 5th, 2020
- Running back LeGarrette Blount officially retires December 5th, 2020
- McVay: Rams' Jalen Ramsey 'had a hip thing that bothered him' in Week 12 November 30th, 2020
- Rams' Tyler Higbee (elbow) available for Week 12's clash with 49ers November 29th, 2020
- Rams' Tyler Higbee (elbow) a game-time decision for Week 12's clash with 49ers November 27th, 2020
- Rams' Tyler Higbee (elbow) DNP on Thursday November 26th, 2020
- Rams' Tyler Higbee (elbow) sits out Wednesday, considered day-to-day November 25th, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman (knee) limited in Wednesday's practice November 25th, 2020