Anthony Lynn: Justin Jackson to get "a little more action" against Saints in Week 5
Los Angeles Chargers running back Justin Jackson is scheduled to get "a little more action" in Week 5 against the New Orleans Saints.
Speaking about his running backs to the media on Friday, Lynn said "you'll see Justin Jackson get a little more action". His comment came in the middle of a longer response about Joshua Kelley's recent issues with fumbling. Regarding Kelley, Lynn said "he's had to learn the tough way, but I still have a lot of confidence in that young man, were still gonna use him, and he's going to play a lot of football for us". Lynn's comments seem to hint at a backfield led by Kelley with Jackson working in while Austin Ekeler remains on IR. This week, Jackson will face a Saints defense ranked 16th against running backs in numberFire's advanced stats. Our models project Jackson for 10.9 touches against New Orleans and he is the RB34 in our weekly rankings.
The Chargers are 8.5-point underdogs against the Saints in Week 5. Their implied team total of 21.0 points is the eighth-lowest team total on the Sunday-Monday slate, according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map. Our models project Jackson for 8.1 FanDuel points.
- Texans activate David Johnson (concussion) from injured reserve December 5th, 2020
- Donovan Peoples-Jones slated to become the Browns' WR3 December 5th, 2020
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk (COVID-19) "feeling fresh" for Monday night December 5th, 2020
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (ACL) will return to practice next week December 5th, 2020
- Running back LeGarrette Blount officially retires December 5th, 2020
- Packers' Corey Linsley (knee) ruled out for Week 13's showdown with Eagles December 4th, 2020
- Chargers' Kalen Ballage (ankle) questionable for Week 13's clash with Patriots December 4th, 2020
- Bryan Bulaga (illness) fully participates in Chargers' Thursday practice December 3rd, 2020
- Chargers' Mike Willians (non-injury related) returns to practice on Thursday December 3rd, 2020
- Chargers' Kalen Ballage (ankle) limited in Wednesday's practice December 2nd, 2020
- Chargers' Hunter Henry records 7 receptions for 67 yards in Week 12's loss to Buffalo November 30th, 2020
- Chargers' Justin Herbert accumulates 316 yards and 1 touchdown in Week 12 November 30th, 2020