Garafolo: Joe Flacco expected to start for Jets in Week 5 over Sam Darnold (shoulder)
New York Jets quarterback Joe Flacco is expected to start Week 5 against the Arizona Cardinals, reports Mike Garafolo of NFL Network.
Sam Darnold will miss at least one game with a shoulder injury, setting up Flacco for his first start in almost a full calendar year when he was still with the Denver Broncos. He threw 6 touchdowns and 5 interceptions on 6.6 adjusted yards per attempt in eight games before missing the second half of 2019 with a neck injury. Flacco stepping in for Darnold is a downgrade for an already dismal offense. Even in a plus matchup, the Jets' skill players' will be limited by Flacco's presence.
Flacco averaged 11.2 FanDuel points per game (QB37) last season. He had the fourth-lowest average depth of target (6.8 yards) among the 33 quarterbacks with at least 200 attempts.
- Jimmy Garoppolo (thumb/shoulder) not listed on 49ers' Divisional Round injury report January 20th, 2022
- Titans deciding Derrick Henry (foot) status Friday January 20th, 2022
- Ronald Jones (ankle) present at Buccaneers practice, still DNP January 20th, 2022
- Leonard Fournette (hamstring) in pads at Buccaneers practice January 20th, 2022
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling (back) doubtful for Packers January 20th, 2022
- Ronald Jones (ankle) remains out for Buccaneers January 19th, 2022
- Jamison Crowder (calf) not listed on Jets' Week 18 injury report January 8th, 2022
- Michael Carter (concussion) available for Jets' Week 18 matchup against Bills January 8th, 2022
- Braxton Berrios (quad) out for Jets' Week 18 matchup against Bills January 7th, 2022
- Jets' Braxton Berrios (thigh) likely out Week 18 January 7th, 2022
- Jamison Crowder (calf) practicing again Thursday for Jets January 6th, 2022
- Jets' Braxton Berrios (quad) DNP again Thursday January 6th, 2022