Broncos debating Thursday starter versus Jets
Denver Broncos head coach Vic Fangio said either Jeff Driskel or Brett Rypien will start Week 4 against the New York Jets on Thursday night.
Driskel was benched for Rypien in the fourth quarter of the Broncos' loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday. Rypien went 8-for-9 for 53 yards on the Broncos' meaningless final drive but it ended with a sack and then an interception over the final three plays. The offense should fare better in an easier matchup against the Jets on Thursday but all of the Broncos' pass-catchers will be downgraded until Drew Lock (arm) returns.
Driskel and Rypien both averaged fewer than 6.0 yards per attempt against the Buccaners. Driskel has the third-fewest Passing Net Expected Points (-11.68) in the league through three games, ahead of only Sam Darnold (-24.71) and Carson Wentz (-31.65).
- Texans sign center Justin Britt to 1-year $3.2 million deal March 6th, 2021
- Rapoport: Raiders reportedly release offensive guard Richie Incognito March 6th, 2021
- Bills sign safety Micah Hyde to 2-year contract extension March 5th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Denver's K.J. Hamler (concussion) ruled out for Week 17's contest against Raiders January 1st, 2021
- Broncos' KJ Hamler (concussion) doesn't practice Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler (concussion) will not return in Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler (concussion) questionable to return in Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Broncos place Phillip Lindsay (hip, knee) on injured reserve December 26th, 2020
- Denver's Phillip Lindsay (hip, knee) ruled out for Week 16's matchup against Chargers December 25th, 2020