Chiefs' Sammy Watkins in concussion protocol
Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Sammy Watkins is in the league's concussion protocol, per head coach Andy Reid.
Watkins claimed that he was "healthy" after exiting Week 2 early following a helmet-to-helmet hit. Reid says it's more of a neck than head issue for Watkins. Demarcus Robinson, Byron Pringle, and Mecole Hardman could all see more work if Watkins doesn't play Week 3 against the Baltimore Ravens on Monday night.
Watkins and the Chiefs' offense may find it a bit harder to move the ball in Week 3 against a Ravens team that is 1st in passing defense and overall defense through the first two games, per numberFire's metrics. Watkins has the third-highest target share (15.6 percent) on the team.
- Cowboys' Ben DiNucci expected to start Sunday night October 29th, 2020
- Jamison Crowder (groin) practicing for Jets on Thursday October 29th, 2020
- Gardner Minshew reportedly has thumb fracture, uncertain after Jaguars’ bye October 29th, 2020
- Julian Edelman (knee) reportedly out for Patriots 'some period of time' October 29th, 2020
- Pelissero: Christian McCaffrey (ankle) not expected to play for Panthers October 29th, 2020
- Bears' Cole Kmet (back) limited on Wednesday October 28th, 2020
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (hamstring) still not practicing Wednesday October 28th, 2020
- Tyreek Hill records touchdown for Chiefs on season-high 6 catches October 26th, 2020
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes quiet in snowy Week 7 win over Denver October 26th, 2020
- Le'Veon Bell set to debut for Chiefs in Week 7 October 25th, 2020
- Reid: Kansas City's Sammy Watkins (hamstring) 'most likely out' for Week 7's matchup against Broncos October 23rd, 2020
- Sammy Watkins (hamstring) remains on Chiefs sidelines October 22nd, 2020