Panthers want Curtis Samuel more involved
Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Joe Brady said he wants to get wide receiver Curtis Samuel more involved in the team's offense.
"Good things happen when the ball is in his hands," Brady praised. Samuel recorded 171 carries in college and he's had 5 attempts through two games this season. Mike Davis will be the Panthers' lead back while Christian McCaffrey (ankle) is sidelined, but Samuel could see more rushing work as well. As far as catching goes, Samuel has 51 yards on 10 targets, ranking 73rd in yards per target out of 83 players with at least that many looks this season. The Panthers will take on the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday.
numberFire's models expect Samuel to rush 2.6 times for 16.6 yards and catch 4.0 passes on 6.4 targets for 42.4 yards in Week 3. He's projected for 9.8 FanDuel points and has a salary of $5,100. The Chargers rank 10th against the pass and 17th against the run, according to our advanced metrics.
- Atlanta's Calvin Ridley (ankle) will not return on Thursday October 29th, 2020
- Seahawks' Carlos Hyde (hamstring) DNP on Thursday October 29th, 2020
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) practices in full on Thursday October 29th, 2020
- Seattle's Chris Carson (foot) misses Thursday's practice October 29th, 2020
- Eric Ebron (elbow) returns to full participation in Pittsburgh's Thursday practice October 29th, 2020
- Pittsburgh's Diontae Johnson (toe) fully participates in Thursday's practice October 29th, 2020
- Christian McCaffrey (ankle) officially out for Panthers on Thursday October 29th, 2020
- Pelissero: Christian McCaffrey (ankle) not expected to play for Panthers October 29th, 2020
- Eli Apple released by Panthers on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Panthers 'hopeful' Christian McCaffrey (ankle) plays Thursday October 27th, 2020
- Panthers' Mike Davis "will still play" when Christian McCaffrey (ankle) returns October 26th, 2020
- Christian McCaffrey (ankle) in non-participation jersey at Panthers practice October 26th, 2020