Saints' Tre'Quan Smith turns 7 targets into 86 yards
New Orleans Saints wide receiver Tre'Quan Smith caught 5 passes on 7 targets for 86 yards in a Week 2 loss to the Las Vegas Raiders on Monday night.
Smith finished second on the team in targets, catches, and yards as he proved to be the biggest beneficiary from Michael Thomas' ankle injury. Emmanuel Sanders, meanwhile, corralled just 1 catch on 3 targets. He was seldom used last year as a sophomore, but Smith flashed as a rookie with 6-of-28 receptions going for 20-plus yards. Smith should continue to see an expanded role while Thomas is sidelined. The Saints will take on the Green Bay Packers in Week 3.
Smith scored 11.1 FanDuel points on Monday night. He currently leads all Saints players with multiple targets this season in Reception Net Expected Points per target. numberFire's models expect Smith to score 8.6 FanDuel points with 5.6 targets, 3.6 receptions, and 45.3 yards in Week 3.
- Bears' Cole Kmet (back) limited on Wednesday October 28th, 2020
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Steelers to start week October 28th, 2020
- Diontae Johnson (toe) does not practice for Steelers October 28th, 2020
- Seahawks' Travis Homer (knee) held out of practice October 28th, 2020
- Browns' Austin Hooper (appendix) isn't expected to play in Week 8 October 28th, 2020
- Seahawks say Carlos Hyde hamstring strain 'nothing major' October 28th, 2020
- Saints' Marquez Callaway day-to-day with ankle sprain October 28th, 2020
- Michael Thomas (hamstring) sitting out Saints practice October 28th, 2020
- Saints' Alvin Kamara accumulates 148 scrimmage yards in Week 7's win over Carolina October 26th, 2020
- Saints' Drew Brees scores thrice in thrilling Week 7 win over Carolina October 26th, 2020
- Saints' Michael Thomas (hamstring) could miss Week 8 as well October 25th, 2020
- Alvin Kamara looking to make the game go through the Saints' running backs against Carolina in Week 7 October 23rd, 2020