49ers confirm Nick Bosa suffered torn ACL
An MRI has confirmed that San Francisco 49ers defensive end Nick Bosa has suffered a torn ACL.
Bosa's season is officially over. The 49ers have had by far the worst injury luck in the league so far this season, with all of Bosa (ACL), Solomon Thomas (knee), and Dee Ford (neck) suffering difficult injuries early on this season. The 49ers boasted one of the league's strongest defenses in 2019, but injuries appear to be putting the team's status as an elite defense in jeopardy in 2020.
The 49ers will depend on Arik Armstead and Dee Ford (neck) when he is cleared on their defensive front, so not all hope is lost yet. Bosa already had 1 forced fumble and 3 tackles in 2020, but will now begin preparing for another strong season in 2021.
- Browns' Donovan Peoples-Jones "looks incredible right now" June 21st, 2021
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman impressing teammates in minicamp June 21st, 2021
- Carson Wentz making positive impression with Colts' teammates June 21st, 2021
- Rams' Matthew Stafford "better than advertised" so far this offseason June 21st, 2021
- Nick Chubb, Browns negotiating extension June 21st, 2021
- Bears' Justin Fields to play plenty of preseason reps June 21st, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- San Francisco's Trent Williams (elbow) out for Week 17's contest against Seahawks December 28th, 2020
- Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain December 28th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (foot) active for Week 16 December 26th, 2020
- 49ers officially place Nick Mullens (elbow) on injured reserve December 25th, 2020
- 49ers activate George Kittle (foot) from injured reserve, available for Week 16's game against Cardinals December 24th, 2020