Lions' Kenny Golladay (hamstring) is "really close" to returning
Detroit Lions head coach Matt Patricia told reporters that star receiver Kenny Golladay is "really close" to returning.
This is an encouraging sign that Golladay will be active for the team's Week 3 game against the Arizona Cardinals, but it's still worth noting that Golladay hasn't practiced (even on a limited basis) since suffering the injury in training camp. Patricia has typically been withholding when it comes to injury updates, so take this report with a grain of salt.
Golladay's return would theoretically impact rookie receiver Quintez Cephus the most, as Cephus drew a whopping 10 targets in the team's Week 1 loss to the Chicago Bears. Teammates Marvin Jones and Danny Amendola have more or less secured their roles already, leaving Cephus as the odd man out when Golladay returns.
- Gardner Minshew reportedly has thumb fracture, uncertain after Jaguars’ bye October 29th, 2020
- Julian Edelman (knee) reportedly out for Patriots 'some period of time' October 29th, 2020
- Pelissero: Christian McCaffrey (ankle) not expected to play for Panthers October 29th, 2020
- Bears' Cole Kmet (back) limited on Wednesday October 28th, 2020
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Steelers to start week October 28th, 2020
- Diontae Johnson (toe) does not practice for Steelers October 28th, 2020
- Lions acquire Everson Griffen from Dallas October 27th, 2020
- Lions' Matthew Stafford throws game-winning touchdown as time expired against Atlanta in Week 7 October 26th, 2020
- Kenny Golladay goes for season-high in Lions win October 26th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson catches game-winning touchdown in Week 7 victory over Atlanta October 25th, 2020
- D'Andre Swift to have expanded role in Lions Week 7 game October 25th, 2020
- Marvin Jones (knee) returns to Lions practice October 22nd, 2020