Rams looking to extend Robert Woods 'very shortly'
Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Robert Woods is expected to receive a contract extension "very shortly," according to head coach Sean McVay.
Woods said he hopes to sign a new deal as early as Friday. "It's time to get paid what what I'm capable of being paid, up there with the best of the best," the receiver asserted. Woods finished in the top-16 in receiving yards each of the past two seasons but is barely inside the top-40 in terms of average annual salaries at his position. The 28-year-old's current deal last through the 2021 season. Woods led the Rams in Week 1 with 6 receptions for 105 yards on 8 targets. He also added a 14-yard rush. The Rams will battle the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 2.
numberFire's models expect Woods to score 12.1 Fanduel points in Week 2 with 8.6 targets, 5.4 receptions, and 69.8 yards. He's the WR14 in our weekly fantasy rankings with a salary of $6,700. The Eagles ranked 16th in pass defense in Week 1, according to numberFire's advanced metrics.
- Bears' Cole Kmet (back) limited on Wednesday October 28th, 2020
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Steelers to start week October 28th, 2020
- Diontae Johnson (toe) does not practice for Steelers October 28th, 2020
- Seahawks' Travis Homer (knee) held out of practice October 28th, 2020
- Browns' Austin Hooper (appendix) isn't expected to play in Week 8 October 28th, 2020
- Seahawks say Carlos Hyde hamstring strain 'nothing major' October 28th, 2020
- Rams' Gerald Everett (illness) misses Wednesday's practice October 28th, 2020
- Rams' Tyler Higbee (hand) limited in practice Wednesday October 28th, 2020
- Rams' Terrell Burgess (ankle) ruled out for the season October 27th, 2020
- Rams' Malcolm Brown rushes for 57 yards, scores October 27th, 2020
- Cooper Kupp contributes 59 yards for Rams October 27th, 2020
- Robert Woods loses fumble in Rams win October 27th, 2020