Richard Sherman (calf) placed on 49ers' injured reserve
San Francisco 49ers defensive back Richard Sherman has been placed on injured reserve, the team announced Wednesday.
With the new protocols in place, an injured reserve stint can be as short as three weeks as opposed to the eight it used to be. It doesn't seem as though the injury is overly serious, and the team will be cautious in dealing with his calf strain. The 49ers have the New York Jets, New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles coming up on the schedule in the next three weeks.
Sherman had 4 tackles in the team's Week 1 loss to the Arizona Cardinals. He earned a 68.8 overall grade from Pro Football Focus.
- Green Bay's Marquez Valdes-Scantling (back) ruled out on Saturday January 22nd, 2022
- Kansas City's Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) not expected to play with snap count on Sunday January 22nd, 2022
- Russini: Tennessee's Derrick Henry (foot) 'will not be on a snap count' during Saturday's Divisional Round matchup January 22nd, 2022
- Titans officially activate Derrick Henry (foot) from injured reserve, expected to start against Bengals January 21st, 2022
- Darrel Williams (toe) questionable for Kansas City's Divisional Round contest against Bills January 21st, 2022
- Kansas City's Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) not listed on Divisional Round injury report January 21st, 2022
- Tampa Bay's Leonard Fournette (hamstring) will be activated off injured reserve, eligible to play against Rams January 22nd, 2022
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (ankle) ruled out for Divisional Round clash with Rams January 21st, 2022
- Rapoport: Leonard Fournette (hamstring) should suit up for Buccaneers January 21st, 2022
- Ronald Jones (ankle) present at Buccaneers practice, still DNP January 20th, 2022
- Leonard Fournette (hamstring) in pads at Buccaneers practice January 20th, 2022
- Ronald Jones (ankle) remains out for Buccaneers January 19th, 2022