Gase: Jets will start Frank Gore in Week 2's matchup against 49ers
According to head coach Adam Gase, New York Jets running back Frank Gore will start in Week 2's regular season contest against the San Francisco 49ers.
Gore will start at running back after Le'Veon Bell was placed on injured reserve with a hamstring injury. In a new role with New York's first-string unit, numberFire's models expect the veteran to see 13.3 total touches in Week 2.
Gore's current projection against San Francisco includes 12.2 rushing attempts for 48.3 yards and 1.1 receptions for 8.1 yards.
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (toe) could potentially play in Week 7 Thursday October 21st, 2020
- Giants' Darius Slayton (foot) has no injury designation for Thursday's Week 7 October 21st, 2020
- Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) doesn't practice Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Seahawks' Carlos Hyde (shoulder) limited on Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Chargers' Tyrod Taylor (chest) practices in full Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Chargers' Justin Jackson (knee) limited on Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets on Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Sam Darnold (shoulder) returning to Jets practice Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Adam Gase "hopeful" Denzel Mims (hamstring) will debut in Week 7 October 19th, 2020
- Jets' Breshad Perriman (ankle) expected to play in Week 6 October 18th, 2020
- Jets' Breshad Perriman (ankle) questionable for Week 6's game against Dolphins October 16th, 2020
- Fowler: Le'Veon Bell to choose from Bills, Dolphins or Chiefs October 15th, 2020