Chargers want to get Austin Ekeler more touches
Los Angeles Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn said it's a 'priority' to get running back Austin Ekeler more touches.
He also mentioned that the team's new offensive scheme with Tyrod Taylor at quarterback would limit 'check-downs' to the running back, a valuable component of Ekeler's fantasy production. Ekeler disappointed in Week 1 and was vultured at the goal line by rookie Joshua Kelley, but will hopefully bounce back next week.
Ekeler did handle a solid 18 carries for 84 yards (while Kelley got 12 of his own), but drew just a single target from Taylor all afternoon despite his average of 5.8 receptions per game in 2019. There's certainly reason for concern about Ekeler's fantasy value going forward if the Chargers stop using their backs in the passing game.
- Pelissero: Christian McCaffrey (ankle) not expected to play for Panthers October 29th, 2020
- Bears' Cole Kmet (back) limited on Wednesday October 28th, 2020
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Steelers to start week October 28th, 2020
- Diontae Johnson (toe) does not practice for Steelers October 28th, 2020
- Seahawks' Travis Homer (knee) held out of practice October 28th, 2020
- Browns' Austin Hooper (appendix) isn't expected to play in Week 8 October 28th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen praises Justin Herbert following Week 7's win over Jaguars October 27th, 2020
- Keenan Allen grabs 10 for 125 yards in Chargers victory October 26th, 2020
- Chargers' Justin Herbert totals 413 yards and 4 touchdowns in Week 7 win against Jaguars October 25th, 2020
- Justin Jackson (knee) officially active for Chargers in Week 7 October 25th, 2020
- Chargers' Justin Jackson (knee) expected to play Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (back) available for Week 7's game against Jaguars October 23rd, 2020