Cam Newton rushes for 2 touchdowns in Patriots debut
New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton completed 15 of 19 passes for 155 yards and rushed for 75 yards and 2 touchdowns in a 21-11 win over the Miami Dolphins in Week 1.
Newton was effective as a runner in New England's new-look offense on Sunday, rushing for two scores and 75 yards. He also moved the ball through the air, connecting with Julian Edelman on 5 of 7 targets and N'Keal Harry on 5 of 6 targets. Perhaps most importantly, he appeared to be healthy and showed no signs of the foot injury that caused him to miss most of the 2019 season. Next up for Newton is a showdown with the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday Night Football.
Newton scored 25.7 FanDuel points in Week 1, 7.3 more than his Week 1 projection of 18.4 FanDuel points. Our models expect Newton to score 17.0 FanDuel points against the Seahawks in Week 2.
- Washington expected to sign Robert Foster to active roster October 20th, 2020
- Bengals' John Ross looking for a "fresh start" away from Cincinnati October 20th, 2020
- Raiders' Marcus Mariota (pec) activated off injured/reserve list on Tuesday October 20th, 2020
- Cowboys' Brandon Knight (knee) ruled out for Week 7 game against Washington October 20th, 2020
- Ravens' Mark Ingram dealing with "mid- to high-ankle sprain" heading into Week 7 bye October 20th, 2020
- Eagles confident in Boston Scott heading into Week 7 showdown with Giants October 20th, 2020
- Patriots' Cam Newton struggles to throw in Week 6 upset loss to Denver October 19th, 2020
- Julian Edelman (knee) active for Pats in Week 6 October 18th, 2020
- Patriots place Sony Michel (quad) on Reserve/COVID-19 list October 17th, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (knee) questionable but expected to play against Denver in Week 6 October 16th, 2020
- Patriots' James Ferentz placed on reserve/COVID-19 list October 16th, 2020
- Reiss: Patriots reportedly cancel Friday's practice after positive COVID-19 test October 16th, 2020