Jaguars sign Dare Ogunbowale to add backfield depth
The Jacksonville Jaguars have agreed to terms with running back Dare Ogunbowale, according to Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network.
Ogunbowale spent the last two seasons of his career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but he was released this past week with the addition of Leonard Fournette to the backfield. Now he'll change conferences but remain in the same state, as he's joining the Jaguars - who just so happen to be Fournette's old team. With Ryquell Armstead on the reserve/COVID-19 list, they could use some depth, so expect Ogunbowale to be a special teams contributor and potentially aid Chris Thompson, James Robinson and Devine Ozigbo in the backfield.
In 16 games last season, Ogunbowale had 11 carries for 17 yards and two touchdowns with 35 catches for 286 yards.
- Texans sign center Justin Britt to 1-year $3.2 million deal March 6th, 2021
- Rapoport: Raiders reportedly release offensive guard Richie Incognito March 6th, 2021
- Bills sign safety Micah Hyde to 2-year contract extension March 5th, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville names Urban Meyer as head coach January 14th, 2021
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (shin) ruled out for Week 17's contest against Colts January 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville's D.J. Chark (shin) remains out on Thursday December 31st, 2020
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (shin) misses practice Wednesday, uncertain for season finale December 30th, 2020
- Mike Glennon will finish out Jaguars' season under center December 30th, 2020