Browns sign Kareem Hunt to two-year contract extension worth $13.25 million
Cleveland Browns running back Kareem Hunt has agreed to a two-year contract extension with the team worth $13.25 million, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
The deal ties Hunt's future to the team for the next three seasons. The Browns' offense is expected to move towards a more run-heavy approach under new head coach Kevin Stefanski, and this deal ensures that they have the personnel to do so, with Hunt expected to operate alongside last season's runner up to the NFL rushing title, Nick Chubb. Hunt and the new-look Browns' offense will face a tough test against the Baltimore Ravens in Week 1.
Hunt's Week 1 projection includes 29.2 rushing yards, 28.0 receiving yards, 0.35 touchdowns, and 9.4 FanDuel points. His salary is $5,800.
- Alvin Kamara (foot) limited in Saints' Thursday practice December 3rd, 2020
- Nelson Agholor (ankle) DNP in Raiders' Thursday practice December 3rd, 2020
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) remains out on Thursday December 3rd, 2020
- Chicago's Nick Foles (hip) fully practices on Thursday December 3rd, 2020
- Lions' Danny Amendola (hip) upgraded to full on Thursday December 3rd, 2020
- Falcons' Hayden Hurst (ankle) held out on Thursday December 3rd, 2020
- Browns' Kareem Hunt (thigh) limited in Wednesday's practice December 2nd, 2020
- Browns' Ronnie Harrison (shoulder) placed on injured reserve December 1st, 2020
- Myles Garrett (COVID-19) activated for Browns December 1st, 2020
- Browns' Denzel Ward (calf) expected to remain out Week 13 November 30th, 2020
- Cleveland's Myles Garrett (COVID-19) expected to return in Week 13 November 30th, 2020
- Cleveland's Austin Hooper produces 13 yards and 1 touchdown in Week 12's win over Jaguars November 30th, 2020