Schefter: Devonta Freeman, Jaguars don't reach agreement
Former Atlanta Falcons running back Devonta Freeman could not come to terms with the Jacksonville Jaguars during his visit this weekend, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.
After the release of Leonard Fournette - who has since signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers - many expected the Jaguars to go out and bring in a free agent back. They met with Freeman, but nothing came of it. So that means the team will head into Week 1 with a three-headed backfield of Devine Ozigbo, James Robinson and Chris Thompson against the Indianapolis Colts. Ryquell Armstead is currently on the COVID-19 list, but he's expected to be a main option whenever he gets healthy.
In 14 games with the Falcons last season, Freeman had 1,066 yards from scrimmage on 243 touches (4.4 yards apiece) with six all-purpose scores.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) inactive as expected for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Giants list Golden Tate (calf) as doubtful in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) practicing on side Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Sterling Shepard scores for Giants in season-best showing December 28th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) active for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) to start in Week 16 December 26th, 2020