Curtis Samuel underwhelming at Panthers practice
Carolina Panthers wide receiver Curtis Samuel "has not been impressive" during training camp, writes Jonathan Alexander of the The Charlotte Observer.
Alexander says Samuel has "regressed since the first day of camp" and that he's been considerably outplayed by D.J. Moore and Robby Anderson. Moore and Christian McCaffrey will see the majority of targets and Ian Thomas is also expected to play a larger role this season, so Samuel may struggle to draw many targets if he's stuck behind Anderson on the depth chart. Samuel had only one reception go for longer than 40 yards last year and his yards per target (6.0) was worse than any other receiver with at least 100 targets.
Samuel is the WR63 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him to catch 47.3 passes on 84.1 targets for 548.6 yards and 3.7 touchdowns this season while adding another 86.7 rushing yards. Samuel ranked third-worst in numberFire's advanced per-target receiving metric last year out of the 30 wideouts with 100-plus targets.
- Chargers' Justin Jackson (knee) expected to play Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Falcons Julio Jones (hamstring) will play Sunday versus the Lions October 25th, 2020
- Packers' Aaron Jones (calf strain) now a game-time decision October 25th, 2020
- Las Vegas and New Orleans COVID-19 testing reveals no new positive tests October 25th, 2020
- Jags could bench Gardner Minshew as early as Week 7 October 25th, 2020
- Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) expected to play Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Curtis Samuel (knee) questionable for Panthers Week 7 October 23rd, 2020
- Curtis Samuel (knee) getting in limited reps for Panthers October 22nd, 2020
- Mike Davis (ankle) practicing in full for Panthers October 21st, 2020
- Panthers' Christian McCaffery (ankle) not expected back for Week 7's game against New Orleans October 20th, 2020
- Rhule: Panthers 'not sure' when Christian McCaffrey (ankle) will return October 19th, 2020
- Update: Panthers' Curtis Samuel (knee) ruled out for Week 6 October 18th, 2020