Cardinals: Christian Kirk an "ascending player" heading into third season
Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Christian Kirk was described as an "ascending player" by head coach Kliff Kingsbury.
Kirk is entering his third season and the Cardinals are high on his potential. Kingsbury said "We feel like Christian is really an ascending player. He was having a really big year and got banged up a little bit last year" and mentioned the possibility of three Cardinals wide receivers reaching 1,000 yards this season. A second-round selection in 2018, Kirk hauled in 68 receptions on 99 targets (68.7%) last season for 709 yards and 3 touchdowns despite playing hurt for a decent part of the season. The offseason arrival of DeAndre Hopkins could free Kirk up to see lesser coverage in Arizona's air raid offense that aims to spread the ball around.
Kirk is the WR39 in numberFire's preseason rankings. His 2020 projection includes 66.0 receptions (107.56 targets) for 822.0 yards and 4.9 touchdowns.
- Baltimore's Mark Ingram (ankle) DNP on Thursday October 29th, 2020
- Christian McCaffrey (ankle) officially out for Panthers on Thursday October 29th, 2020
- A.J. Brown (knee) absent from Titans' Thursday practice October 29th, 2020
- Joe Mixon (foot) still not practicing with Bengals October 29th, 2020
- Phillip Lindsay (concussion) back at Broncos practice October 29th, 2020
- Buccaneers’ Chris Godwin (finger) could be facing multi-game absence October 29th, 2020
- Chase Edmonds expected to be Cardinals' primary back October 27th, 2020
- Cardinals' Kenyan Drake (ankle) to miss "a few weeks" October 26th, 2020
- Cardinals' Chase Edmonds contributes 145 scrimmage yards in Week 7's overtime victory over Seattle October 26th, 2020
- Arizona's Kenyan Drake (ankle) will undergo MRI on Monday, X-Rays negative October 26th, 2020
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray explodes for 4 touchdowns in win over Seattle October 26th, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins catches 10 for 103, touchdown in Cardinals win October 26th, 2020