Cam Newton taking over as Patriots' top quarterback
New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton has emerged as the clear starter, writes Mike Reiss of ESPN.
Reiss writes that it has been "the Cam Newton Show" at practice while Jarrett Stidham is "fading out of the quarterback picture." This was expected after the Patriots committed to Newton in late June. The question is whether Newton will be able to stay healthy. The former league MVP was limited to just two games last season by a foot injury he suffered in the preseason and his 2018 campaign was hindered by a shoulder issue.
Cam is the QB11 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 3,746.9 passing yards with 26.2 touchdowns and 14.6 interceptions, plus another 365.4 rushing yards and 4.7 scores.
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (chest) reportedly avoids major injury October 25th, 2021
- Eagles' Miles Sanders (ankle) headed for X-rays October 24th, 2021
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes feeling "fine" after rough hit in loss October 24th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (chest) will not return in Week 7 October 24th, 2021
- Eagles' Miles Sanders (ankle) will not return in Week 7 October 24th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (chest) questionable to return for Raiders in Week 7 October 24th, 2021
- Patriots' Jonnu Smith (shoulder) ruled out for remainder of Week 7 October 24th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 7 clash with Jets October 24th, 2021
- Patriots' Damien Harris (ribs/chest) will play in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Patriots' Damien Harris (ribs) questionable for Week 6 clash with Cowboys October 15th, 2021
- Damien Harris (ribs) logs limited session in Patriots' Thursday practice October 14th, 2021
- New England's Damien Harris (ribs) DNP on Wednesday October 13th, 2021