Melvin Gordon, Phillip Lindsay expected to split Broncos' starter role
Denver Broncos running backs Melvin Gordon and Phillip Lindsay are expected to both play "enough where we really don't have to designated a starter," per head coach Vic Fangio.
Gordon may see a slightly larger share of the Broncos' carries than Lindsay, but this is expected to be a split backfield in 2020. Per Fantasy Football Calculator, Gordon is being drafted at the beginning of the third round and Lindsay is being taken in the middle of the eighth in standard 12-team formats.
Gordon is the RB22 and Lindsay is the RB38 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models expect Gordon to see 256.5 touches and Lindsay to total 151.5 touches.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Chiefs re-sign Jerick McKinnon May 4th, 2023
- Patriots sign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 3-year deal March 15th, 2023
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) not listed on Kansas City's Wednesday injury report for Super Bowl LVII February 8th, 2023
- Justin Watson (illness) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl injury report February 8th, 2023
- Kansas City's JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) fully participates in Wednesday's practice February 8th, 2023
- Kansas City's Kadarius Toney (ankle/hamstring) saids he is "definitely" playing in Super Bowl February 7th, 2023