Washington releases Derrius Guice after domestic-violence incident
The Washington Football Team released running back Derrius Guice Friday, according to Sam Fortier of The Washington Post.
Guice was arrested for a domestic-violence related event Friday afternoon, with the news coming out around 6:30 p.m. ET. Before 7 p.m., he was released. It's clear that the new regime in the nation's capital means business when it said it'd change the culture in the organization. As for the current team, Adrian Peterson becomes the de-facto No. 1 option in the backfield, with Bryce Love and Antonio Gibson following in behind him for snaps.
- Lamar Jackson has career-worst outing in Ravens' loss September 29th, 2020
- Chris Godwin (hamstring) could miss multiple Buccaneers games September 29th, 2020
- Eagles' Dallas Goedert (ankle) to reportedly miss 'at least a couple weeks' September 29th, 2020
- Titans closing facility following COVID-19 breakout, Vikings also suspending activities September 29th, 2020
- 49ers' 'unsure' if Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) will practice Wednesday September 28th, 2020
- Chiefs' guard Andrew Wylie (illness) inactive for Monday Night Football September 28th, 2020
- Ron Rivera: Dwayne Haskins needs to be better for Washington September 28th, 2020
- Washington's Chase Young (groin) will not return in Week 3 September 27th, 2020
- Washington's Steven Sims (toe) limited in Thursday practice September 24th, 2020
- Washington's Steven Sims (toe) DNP on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Antonio Gibson totals 44 yards on 11 touches for Washington in debut September 14th, 2020
- Eagles' Lane Johnson (ankle, questionable) will 'try to play' Sunday September 13th, 2020