Washington releases Derrius Guice after domestic-violence incident
The Washington Football Team released running back Derrius Guice Friday, according to Sam Fortier of The Washington Post.
Guice was arrested for a domestic-violence related event Friday afternoon, with the news coming out around 6:30 p.m. ET. Before 7 p.m., he was released. It's clear that the new regime in the nation's capital means business when it said it'd change the culture in the organization. As for the current team, Adrian Peterson becomes the de-facto No. 1 option in the backfield, with Bryce Love and Antonio Gibson following in behind him for snaps.
- Kyler Murray expected to be at Cardinals mandatory minicamp May 24th, 2022
- Jaguars' Travis Etienne (foot) a "full-go" for offseason program May 23rd, 2022
- Elijah Mitchell viewed as 49ers' top back May 23rd, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Falcons acquire Bryan Edwards in trade with Las Vegas May 13th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin (contract) absent for Commander OTAs May 24th, 2022
- Commanders select Jahan Dotson with No. 16 pick April 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin to sit out on-field activities amidst contract negotiation with Commanders April 18th, 2022
- Commanders acquire Carson Wentz in trade with Colts March 9th, 2022
- Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Football Team for $10 million March 16th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021