Olson: Raiders will start Henry Ruggs in slot
According to offensive coordinator Greg Olson, Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs will start the 2020 season in the slot.
After logging 210 snaps in the slot during his last collegiate season, the Raiders will start Ruggs inside to better utilize his speed in space and avoid press coverage. Expect Ruggs to see most of his snaps in 11 personnel formations with Tyrell Williams and Bryan Edwards running routes on outside.
Ruggs' season-long projection includes 52.3 receptions for 641.7 yards and 3.9 touchdowns on 80.7 total targets.
- Lions' Desmond Trufant (hamstring) ruled out for Week 2's matchup against Packers September 19th, 2020
- Rams' sign Robert Woods to four-year extension worth $65 million September 18th, 2020
- Texans' Brandin Cooks (quad) questionable for Week 2's matchup with Ravens September 18th, 2020
- Titans' Darrynton Evans (hamstring) remains out for Week 2 September 18th, 2020
- Cowboys' Tyron Smith (neck) questionable for Week 2's matchup against Falcons September 18th, 2020
- Devonta Freeman visits with Eagles on Friday September 18th, 2020
- Henry Ruggs injured knee in Raiders' win September 15th, 2020
- Bryan Edwards sees only 1 target in Raiders' shootout September 14th, 2020
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs rushes for 3 touchdowns in Week 1 victory over Panthers September 13th, 2020
- Raiders' Tyrell Williams (shoulder) ruled out for the season September 1st, 2020
- Raiders release cornerback Prince Amukamara on Monday August 31st, 2020
- Derek Carr cementing job as Raiders' QB1 August 25th, 2020