Dolphins' Albert Wilson also opts out of season
Miami Dolphins wide receiver Albert Wilson opted out of the 2020 season.
Wilson becomes the second Dolphins wide receiver to opt-out in the past 24 hours, joining Allen Hurns. He was the Dolphins' second-most targeted (62) receiver last year but averaged a career-low 8.2 yards per target over 13 games. Wilson was expected to compete with Hurns for the starting slot job this season. Following their decisions, there isn't much certainty behind Preston Williams and DeVante Parker on a depth chart consisting of Gary Jennings, Jakeem Grant, Isaiah Ford, Mack Hollins, as well as rookie free agents Kirk Merritt and Matt Cole. Mike Gesiciki should see a larger target share without Wilson and Hurns around.
numberFire's models expected Wilson to draw a 21.0 percent target share this season. Last season, Wilson averaged 5.2 FanDuel points (WR95) and 27.0 yards with 1 touchdown over 13 games. His career-low 5.7 yards per target ranked 76th out of 80 receivers with at least 50 targets. Wilson's 0.37 Reception Net Expected Points per target was fifth on the Dolphins out of six receivers to record a catch.
- Jaguars' James Robinson 'will play a large role' in Week 2's matchup against Titans September 19th, 2020
- Lions' Desmond Trufant (hamstring) ruled out for Week 2's matchup against Packers September 19th, 2020
- Rams' sign Robert Woods to four-year extension worth $65 million September 18th, 2020
- Texans' Brandin Cooks (quad) questionable for Week 2's matchup with Ravens September 18th, 2020
- Titans' Darrynton Evans (hamstring) remains out for Week 2 September 18th, 2020
- Cowboys' Tyron Smith (neck) questionable for Week 2's matchup against Falcons September 18th, 2020
- Dolphins' DeVante Parker (hamstring) listed as questionable for Week 2 game against Bills September 18th, 2020
- Dolphins' DeVante Parker (hamstring) could suit up in Week 2 September 16th, 2020
- Dolphins confirm Ryan Fitzpatrick as Week 2 starter September 14th, 2020
- Dolphins' DeVante Parker (hamstring) questionable to return against New England in Week 1 September 13th, 2020
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee) a full participant in practice on Friday September 11th, 2020
- Dolphins' DeVante Parker (hamstring) available to face Patriots in Week 1 September 11th, 2020