Browns' David Njoku commits to staying in Cleveland
Cleveland Browns tight end David Njoku has committed to staying with the team, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Njoku requested a trade on Friday, July 3rd, and told the Browns he wanted it to be done before training camp. The Browns have been consistent in their intent to keep him, and it now appears that Njoku has reversed course. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, stated that Njoku has had "some good meetings with the new Browns' organization including GM Andrew Berry and has decided to give the team his full commitment right now and go from there". For the time being, it seems likely the Browns will have Njoku on their roster when the season begins.
Njoku is the TE38 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings.
- Lamar Jackson has career-worst outing in Ravens' loss September 29th, 2020
- Chris Godwin (hamstring) could miss multiple Buccaneers games September 29th, 2020
- Eagles' Dallas Goedert (ankle) to reportedly miss 'at least a couple weeks' September 29th, 2020
- Titans closing facility following COVID-19 breakout, Vikings also suspending activities September 29th, 2020
- 49ers' 'unsure' if Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) will practice Wednesday September 28th, 2020
- Chiefs' guard Andrew Wylie (illness) inactive for Monday Night Football September 28th, 2020
- Browns' Nick Chubb rushes for 108 yards and 2 touchdowns in Week 3 win over Washington September 27th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) active for Thursday's matchup against Bengals September 17th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) questionable for Thursday's Week 2 game September 16th, 2020
- Browns send David Njoku (knee) to injured reserve September 14th, 2020
- Browns center J.C. Tretter (knee, questionable) expected to play Sunday September 13th, 2020
- Jarvis Landry (hip) Week 1 snaps hinge on Browns' gameplan September 11th, 2020