Alshon Jeffery (foot) expected to start on Eagles PUP
Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Alshon Jeffery (foot) is "almost certain to start" on the Physically Unable to Perform list, writes PhillyVoice's Jimmy Kempski.
Eagles head coach Doug Pederson previously said Jeffery (foot) is without a timetable for return, so this doesn't come as a surprise. Jeffery will be forced to miss the first six weeks of the season if he opens the year on the PUP list. The 30-year-old wideout is still recovering from a Lisfranc injury that ended his 2019 season early. He finished with averages of 7.3 targets and 49.0 yards over 10 games. Jeffery's absence should allow first-round rookie Jalen Reagor to play a bigger role right off the bat. DeSean Jackson and Marquise Goodwin also figure to benefit.
numberFire's models currently expect Jeffery to average 5.5 targets from Weeks 1-6. His likely absence figures to create more volume for Reagor, who is currently projected for 5.2 targets during that span. Jeffery's 6.7 yards per target last season were the second-fewest of his career and ranked 69th among 80 receivers with at least 50 targets.
- Saints running back Alvin Kamara played through 'torn' knee in 2019 August 10th, 2020
- Ronald Jones the 'main guy' in Tampa Bay August 9th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ke'Shawn Vaughn removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 9th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) activated from active/PUP list August 8th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 8th, 2020
- Washington releases Derrius Guice after domestic-violence incident August 7th, 2020
- Eagles eager to let Miles Sanders loose August 3rd, 2020
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (foot) placed on active/PUP list July 28th, 2020
- Eagles' Marquise Goodwin opts out of 2020 season July 28th, 2020
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (foot) in a 'really good spot' July 27th, 2020
- Jalen Reagor signs rookie deal with Eagles July 20th, 2020
- Eagles sign Jalen Hurts to rookie contract July 20th, 2020