Browns' Myles Garrett reportedly gets $125 million extension
The Cleveland Browns signed defensive end Myles Garrett to a five-year, $125 million extension, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
The deal consists of $100 million in total guarantees, including $50 million at signing. Garrett was on pace to record a career-high 16.0 sacks last year before he was suspended for the final six games of the season. That would have been third-most in the league. The top pick from the 2017 draft has recorded 30.5 sacks and 32 tackles for loss through 37 career games. Despite last year's suspension and missing five games as a rookie, Garrett has the 11th-most sacks since entering the league. The premier pass-rusher is still only 24.
The Browns D/ST is 18th in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Garrett graded 12th in overall defense (86.5) on Pro Football Focus last season out of 66 edge defenders with 500-plus defensive snaps. His 91.6 pass-rush grade finished only behind T.J. Watt (91.7) in that same group. Garrett has received an overall grade of at least 80.0 in all three seasons.
- Eagles eager to let Miles Sanders loose August 3rd, 2020
- Jets release offensive guard Brian Winters on Sunday August 2nd, 2020
- Lions' Geronimo Allison opts out of 2020 season August 2nd, 2020
- Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford placed on COVID-19 list August 1st, 2020
- Jets' C.J. Mosley opts out of 2020 NFL season August 1st, 2020
- Patriots' Cam Newton will have to win starting QB job July 31st, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) lands on active/PUP list August 2nd, 2020
- Browns' David Njoku commits to staying in Cleveland August 1st, 2020
- Browns place Dontrell Hilliard on reserve/COVID-19 list July 27th, 2020
- Grant Delpit, Browns agree to 4-year contract July 15th, 2020
- Browns' Myles Garrett reportedly gets $125 million extension July 14th, 2020
- Browns sign rookie Jacob Phillips July 13th, 2020